Evidence Based Practice
Resources from the book: The New School Learning Commons
• Sawyer, R. Keith, ed. The Cambridge Handbook of the Learning Sciences. Cambridge University Press, 2005.
• Popham, W. James. TransFormative Assessment. ASCD, 2008
• Carol-Bruce, Cathy. Creating Equitable Classrooms Through Action Research. Corwin Press, 2007.
• Chaplin, Connie, David V. Loertscher, and Nancy A.S. Miller. Sharing the Evidence: School Library Assessment Tools and Resources. 2nd ed. Hi Willow Research & Publishing, 2008.
• Clauset, Karl H. Schoolwide Action Research for Professional Learning Communities: Improving Student Learning Through the Whole Faculty. Corwin Press, 2008.
• Costa, Arthur L. The School as a Home for the Mind. Corwin Press, 2008.
• Farmer, Lesley. How to Conduct Action Research: A Guide for Library Media Specialists. AASL, 2002.
• Habits of Mind http://www.habits-of-mind.net/
• Kelly, M.G. (Peggy) and Jon Haber. Resources for Student Assessment. ISTE, 2006.
• Koechlin, Carol and Sandi Zwaan. Build Your Own Information Literate School. Hi Willow Research & Publishing, 2006.
• Loertscher, David V. and Ross Todd. We Boost Achievement. Hi Willow Research & Publishing, 2006.
• Reeves, Douglas B. Reframing Teacher Leadership to Improve Your School. ASCD, 2008.
• Clauset, Karl H., Dale W. Lick, and Charlene U. Murphy. Schoolwide Action Research for Professional Learning Communities. Corwin Press, 2008.
• OSLA Toolkit http://www.accessola.com/osla/toolkit/intro.html
• Project Achievement http://www.davidvl.org/achieve.html
• Building Evidence Based Evidence through Action Research http://www2.hawaii.edu/~vharada/vi-Building%20Evidence-12-03-jav.htm
• Action Research in the Grand Erie District School Board http://www.actionresearch.ca/
• CARET Centre for Applied Research in Educational Technology http://caret.iste.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=resources
• IES Institute of Educational Sciences http://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/
• American Educational Research Association http://www.aera.net/
• International Association of Learning Sciences http://www.isls.org/index.html
Over to You
Please add other resources connected to evidence based practice here: